Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Unusual ways to store dishes.










The above photo inspired our latest project at Walrus

 When we found an old, wobbly bookcase, we nailed scrap wood boards to the front to shore it up and simultaneously provide some space for labels.  After white-washing the entire piece, we added the burlap skirt and burlap covered backing.  The burlap is from old coffee bags that we get locally.


The chalkboard labels are simply our old business cards which we paint.  (We use this method to make re-usable tags too.)  We love recycling!  The only thing new in this project are the label holders and believe me, we tried to find the vintage variety locally, but struck out. 

This piece is meant to sit on a counter top, sideboard, or table and to be used as a kind of pantry or for dish storage.  I kind of want it for myself.  :)
 

<click on photos for sources>

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I have been so busy running my little store I have really lost touch. Congratulations on your storefront!!! Can't wait to see more! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece! I want it for myself too. I know it will be snatched up soon. You ladies are so creative!

    Lane
    www.urbanorchardinteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille that piece is adorable...I can see why you'd want to keep it :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment.