Monday, October 1, 2012

Composing Photos: Two perspectives on the same subject.


Steve sent me a link to the above Darryl Carter bedroom (Thanks, Steve!) after seeing my post on ticking stripes last week. 

This was the photo I used in that post:


Notice that both photos are peek shots.  (For those of you new to the blog, I do a series of post on composing photos of interiors which you can view here.)

Do you have a preference for one photo over another?  I know I certainly do!  

Would love to hear your thoughts.

10 comments:

  1. I prefer the first one because it has more "nuance" and it feels more romantic/mysterious... I guess it's the lighting and the rumpled blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the second photo. Although I "shouldnt" since it gives absolutely no indication of energy or life. Theres nothing about the photo that makes your eye travel. But, I like it nonetheless. Maybe its the lighting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious...which is your favorite??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I really prefer the tighter and lighter second shot. It shows the great ticking stripe and while the look is less "lived-in" or styled, I think that's really what I like about Darryl Carter's design -- the spareness of the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool. I like the first shot. That floppy cozy comforter looks so inviting to me on this cold and gray New England day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the second photo with the ticking stripes, even if it is the mattress cover. That image is so crisp bright and looks more professional by far!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the second photo, the first one... Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right...2nd photo has much better lighting...although I do love the messy bed :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment.