Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Now that it's fall...


 I thought I'd revisit an easy and inexpensive fall display for those of you who are new to this blog.  




This little display couldn't be simpler.  Take a walk to find pretty fallen leaves.  Add some unripe pears from the the grocery store in a wooden platter.  As the pears ripen, eat them, and replace with more after your next grocery shopping trip.  This display will last you all season long -- all the way until Thanksgiving.


Looking for a wooden platter?


You can get this rustic platter from Target for $20. 





Or this one from Sears for $10.


Happy Fall!


P.S.  I got a very nice note from a reader in Sri Lanka the other day and wanted to acknowledge those of you visiting from other countries who are experiencing spring instead of fall, who live in temperate climates, or who don't celebrate Thanksgiving at all.  Thanks for bearing with me. 

8 comments:

  1. I've been hunting for a wood tray...thanks for the tip Camille. I will be stopping by Target to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty! I love decorating with fruit and things from the outdoors. I just bought several different squash and two pie pumpkins and made a dining room table arrangement with them. Just need to snap a few photos when the lighting is right.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I missed that tray at Target?! Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still so pretty, Camille! I love this...and how easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camille, your lovely post inspired me to get outside and gather some leaves! I didn't have a good wooden bowl so used a (very tarnished) silver one instead. Thanks as always for the inspiration.

    http://bit.ly/Pp7zK8

    ~Elizabeth Herp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I am totally not a "decorate the table/mantle for _ season" kinda girl but i really do like this idea. I like the fact that the fruit gets eaten and replenished and isnt just for show. Think ill give this one a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pretty and easy and this is both! And I agree with Shavonda that using edible items is smart and doesn't require a ton of extra $$ to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well....I realize that the reason mine does not look as good is no leaves! I saw that wooden tray at Target and realize now I should have snagged.....

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment.