Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Color Pallete: Navy, Turquoise, and Sherbet

via


via
via

via
via


I'm in the beginning stages of designing a bedroom for a set of five year-old twin girls and I think I'll use this color palette of navy and turquoise with hits of sherbets and pinks.  i want to do something both fresh and serene at the same time and am trying to create a room that will grow with the girls.

Notice that each picture above includes a dose of something in natural and neutral tones, be it wood, linen, burlap, or bamboo.  I'll be sure to use that kind of element too, though not sure how yet. 

Tomorrow I meet with the painter, who will be taking down the dated wallpaper before giving the whole room a fresh coat of paint.  I think I'm going to do soft white walls with a light blue ceiling. 

Maybe this color?

Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue as seen on Rene from Cottage and Vine's front door.  I've been dying to try this gorgeous color and think it would be perfect on the ceiling. 

Thoughts?

I also really want to get some combination of these sheets from Garnet Hill.

Notice the navy, turquoise, and sherbet colors here again.  So pretty.  And affordable too. 

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty palette. Wish I were five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy color combo! Absolutely love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a dramatic and pretty color combo. P S I've used Wythe Blue and it's wonderful!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color combo! and that Wythe blue is wonderful. I would love it on a ceiling!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. these colors remind me of the Aegean Sea--the water deepening in hue as it gets deeper and the Bougainvillia adding the sherbet. I just emailed a picture from Santorini.
    Gorgeous combination which should "age" well with the girls.
    I'm thinking that the Wythe blue, although beautiful, may have a bit too much grey in it for the ceiling--a little overcast?? But that may just be my monitor. I'd prefer a clearer blue myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely combination. It feels calming and exhilarating all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it would be beautiful and such a classic yet fun color palette for young girls. I actually have a swatch of Wyethe Blue sitting on my desk - it's really pretty. I can't wait to see this project evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the color combo! So fresh for little girls but will last as they grow up. And that door color is amazing. Can't wait to see this! I'll be doing my girls' room this winter so I'll need the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the turquoise nightstand in the first photo, and those sheets from Garnet Hill are very cute! I like Garnet Hill's products.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when you started pinning these pics and I liked the color combo!! And, those sheets are a good find from Garnet Hill!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for a color palette! I've done Wythe Blue on a dining room ceiling, and my client loved it. I wouldn't consider it a light blue, though - it doesn't look as light as it does on that exterior door. Gray Cashmere and Beach Glass are great options for ceilings if you want a lighter, airier feeling to the ceiling. Look forward to your reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that idea for a color palette for girls! Not too fussy but still girly - adorable. And you can't go wrong with Garnet Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That color palette is so gorgeous--and I've had my eye on those adorable patterned sheets! This girls' room is going to be incredible!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment.