You see, I kind of struggle with whether this blog is about decorating or about me. Certainly, it's about my decorating, my tastes, etc, but I wonder whether anyone really wants to know the personal details of my life, so I don't often include them.
~ You must post the rules
~ Answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you & create 11 questions to ask the people you tag
~ Tag 11 people
~ Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Since I got tagged by Barbara of Hodge Podge, Tracey Ayton of Tracey Ayton Photography, and Elizabeth of The Little Black Door in the same week, I thought I'd pick and choose among the 11 questions they each asked. Is that fair? Maybe not, but it's fun!
Questions from Barbara
1. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. One of my favorite indulgences is a three minute walk for a latte from here.
|Cole Coffee in my awesome Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland, California.|
2. Favorite coffee table book?
Georgia O'Keefe: The Poetry of Things by Elizabeth Hutton Turner. Ms. O'Keefe is a favorite -- her paintings of New Mexico are paintings of my home.
3. What blogger would you love to meet in real life?
This lovely lady, Heather, of My Many Moments. I so admire her sense of style and really, even though we haven't met, she's pretty much responsible for this blog.
I originally started it as an easy way to show a bunch of pictures to an antique shop of stuff I wanted to sell. When I remembered it a month later, I came back, and much to my surprise, I found several nice comments from Heather. I thought, Well if even one person is interested, I guess I could find something to write about. As a stay-at-home mom, I might have very well gone nuts without this blog, so for that, I thank Heather. I hope to thank her in person one day too!
4. What would be your ideal profession?
I've pretty much always, in a dream world, thought artist. But actually, I've given a lot of thought to interior design. I've recently rejected that idea for interior photographer/stylist. Now, if only there were a university program for such a thing...
And that leads me to the next set of questions from Tracey, who is a professional photographer of interiors.
Questions from Tracey
5. What is your favorite all time song?
This is a weird one for me to answer because I'm actually not much of a music listener. I just don't ever think to listen to music and I believe that's because I am so visually, heavily right-brained. Can anyone else relate?
That doesn't mean I don't enjoy music and if I had to pick one song it would be "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" by Willie Nelson.
6. Tell me the coolest store in the world so I can one day go visit it.
7. Give me an idea as to what to blog about in the future.
Another easy question to answer. I'd love to know what you are thinking in your head and doing with your body as you take your photographs of interiors. How much styling takes place? How important is styling?
8. Which do you prefer? Milk or dark chocolate?
Dark. Dark. Dark. Dark.
Questions from Elizabeth
9. What is your decorating trend prediction for 2012?
10. If someone showed up at your house right now, would it be presentable/clean?
I have three-year-old twins.
Which is not as bad as two-year-old twins.
But not much.
10. What is your favorite low budget project?
For around $300. (And some major sweat equity on the part of my aunt and me.)
Now it's my turn to tag 11 other design bloggers.
1. Heather at My Many Moments
2. Fran at Green Street
3. Kirstey at South of the Sahara
4. Ashley at Meet Me in Philadelphia
5. Kat at Maple Leaves and Sycamore Trees
6. Karen at Only Things I Love
7. Nancy at Coza Mia
8. Traci at Traci Zeller Designs
9. Lauren at The Cottage Mix
10. Kate at Kate Collins Interiors
11. Casey at Loft and Cottage
And the 11 questions for you ladies to answer: (But only if you want to -- I won't be offended if you don't participate. :)
1. Light and airy or dark and dramatic?
2. What's your sign? How does your flair for decorating relate, if at all?
3. Introvert or extrovert?
4. Where and when did your love for decorating begin?
5. What's your favorite project to date?
6. What's your least favorite project to date?
7. What is one design trend you love?
8. What is one design trend you don't care for?
9. Have you met any other design bloggers in person? Tell us the story!
10. What would we see if we visited your first place right out of high school?
11. Which food do you consider an indulgence?
One last thing: Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!